본문 바로가기

고객센터

Why No One Cares About Audi G28

profile_image
Demi Sharrow
2024-09-02 11:26 5 0

본문

How to Replace an replacement audi car key G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician teaches you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. The sensor is located on the outside of the transmission just above the flywheel gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via an uncolored wire T55/49, then to the tachometer on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is located on the edge of transmission, just above the flywheel ring. This sensor sends a signal via the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU then utilizes this information to regulate the flow of fuel, timig and boost. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

The sensor is used as a reference for comparing with the G40 Camshaft Position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and where the camshaft is located so that it can trigger spark and injectors accordingly.

If this sensor fails when it fails, the ECU will display an error code P00160. This indicates that the Crank Shaft is not in line with the Intake Camshaft. It could also be a sign of an issue with the chain or a jumpy chain link in the upper timing chain. However, the code won't appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

It is a little tricky to test because there are different pins on the connector, and each one has different functions. The best way to do it is by measuring the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. It should read approximately 1000 ohms when the sensor is operating at its maximum. If you're having issues with this part, check for evidence of oil or coolant in the connector bay.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll, I experienced an abrupt drop in power like the engine is running out of gas or the injectors aren't firing anymore. This morning i pull out the spark plugs. Three were drenched in gazoline, the 4th one was dry. I placed a tissue over each hole in the injector and when i start the engine without sparks, the ones with gazoline jump out. The 4th one stays closed. I tried to test the ground connections of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I got zero ohm. Therefore, i think the issue is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car key cover audi will start when the G28 is disconnected, but it is running fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem continues to occur at higher RPM. The temperature sensor for the coolant (G62) shows the wrong temp value that is -49c even after unplugging it. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar while the actual pressure is zero.

I don't know what to do. I believe that I've eliminated everything else. I'm worried that i might have missed something. Let me know if you have any ideas! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 is activated by a signal sent from the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is identical to the G4 and both are used in the 80 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a wrecking yard or from a parts store. It is easy to test them - just put your DMM into resistance mode and measure the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump on the connector's edge facing upwards). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines must know both the position and speed of the crankshaft to determine timing of the fuel injector, etc. In order to do this it utilizes a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If either of these go bad you will get codes on the diagnostic scanner that can cause the engine to shut down.

A malfunctioning G28 sensor could result in an inaccurate gearbox speed counter or a gearbox that shifts faster than normal, and/or a misfire while in gear. If you are experiencing any of these problems, it is likely that your sensor is going bad and needs replacing. The good thing is that they are very cheap and easily accessible, especially when you're looking at a Bosch sensor, like ours. If you prefer, GM's version of this part would be an option.

5. Tachometer

A failing engine speed sensor could be a cause for numerous issues with your car. It is an important part of the transmission in your audi keys replacement cost because it relays information to the ECU on how fast or slow the engine is turning. This sensor could cause the transmission to fail and other components of the car to be affected.

Mitsubishi-Motors-New.pngThe G5 engine speed sensor is situated on the edge of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a signal directly to the ECU at pin T55/49 through an uncolored wire. The ECU then uses and processes this signal to regulate fuel, timig and boost, and also transmitting it to the G5 tachometer in the instrument cluster. You can test for sensor failure by checking continuity from the sensor to the tachometer. Also, you can examine the continuity between pins T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 and pin T26a/12. There should be a resistance of approximately 1000 ohms between these two points. This is a common feature across the replacement key audi 80-100-200-RS2 series, starting from the 1985 MC up to the 1997 UrS AN and the 1995 RS2 Du You may also find good ones in wrecking yards.happy-african-american-businessman-holding-car-key-2022-12-16-16-36-17-utc-min-scaled.jpg

댓글목록0

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

댓글쓰기

적용하기
자동등록방지 숫자를 순서대로 입력하세요.